February 9, 1888, the Florida Star reported a Valentines Fair put on by the ladies of Titusville for the benefit of St John's Episcopal Church. St John's became St Gabriel's. Upon learning they were about to receive a window of St. Gabriel as a from Mrs John Pritchard, Capt Pritchard's mother, the congregation voted to change the name to St Gabriel's
There are some great pioneer names in the article. People coming in by steamer!